Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hannelore's reading history.

Along the years I have read many books, most of which I liked. Currently, I am reading two books. They are Black Hawk Down, by Mark Bowden, and Survive, by Les Stroud. I enjoy reading often and I am quite proud of the library I have been able to build up to now. I have never lost interest in reading, in fact it is quite the opposite. Just recently I have obtained a renewed vigor for reading. My favorite book of all time is Stuka Pilot by the author, Hans Ulrich Rudel. This autobiography details the adventures of the most highly decorated German pilot during the Second World War. Also, another book that left quite an impression on me is Campaign in Russia, the Waffen SS on the Eastern Front. This book, written by a Belgian named Leon Degrelle during WWII, chronicles the war against Russia.

When asked what the worst books I've ever read are, one immediately comes to mind. Five Years, Four Fronts is the most dull, uninteresting story one can imagine. This book, by Georg Grossjohann, was bad enough that I could not finish it. It is the only book that I never finished. I read just about everyday, every chance I get. I enjoy reading and think it is an excellent way to relax after the day is up.

11 comments:

  1. Do you only read non-fiction when you get to choose your titles? Seems like... Nice job on the due date, by the way, now it is your fault, not mine. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally speaking, yes. I do, on occasion, however read fiction in my spare time. Jack London comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very True Mr. Jones, it is a tight fit into the little cabin. Everyone has to stand in the same spot all the time or else there would not be enough room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannelore I must agree your reading library is beyond impressive

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO KITTY you better get too readin your ginormous book man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok.... pretty amazing i deffinatly wouldn't go that far ATL haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, but you would go that far. I am ATL after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!! lol wow u do know that i gave u that nickname right

    ReplyDelete